The philosophy of the Alternative Birth Care Unit (ABC) is to provide a natural birth experience – one that does not routinely require medical intervention – and one that respects your privacy while encouraging family involvement.
Our comfortable, home-like atmosphere offers privacy and intimacy in a medically supported environment. Our professional staff is committed to the philosophy that birth is a healthy, normal event that does not require medical intervention except in specific, problem circumstances.
At the ABC Unit you will enjoy:
- Over thirty years experience in providing a homelike natural childbirth experience
- Doulas welcome and unlimited family visitation
- Freedom to eat and drink in labor
- Natural care practices; aroma therapy, massage oil, herbal baths and locally produced baby wash
- Respect for your cultural and religious preferences
- Low intervention and c-section rates
Every Birthing Center room is equipped with:
- Queen size bed
- Hydrotherapy tub
- Walk-in Shower
- Birthing chair
- Comfortable recliner chair
- Refrigerator and many more amenities
As part of our continuing service of care, a member of the Providence ABC Unit team will follow up with you by phone after you return home.